Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I am so proud to be....."OMA"

Since my youngest grandson Max said his first word I have been waiting hopefully for him to find SOMETHING, ANYTHING to call me.  I realize "Grandma" is a word with many hard sounds in it for a little one.

When Lucy was about Max's age she also could not say "Grandma" so she said something like "Maga" one night when I was babysitting her and I knew I had my name.  So for almost a year I was "Maga." She very quickly learned to say "Grandma." 

So Max calls me "Oma" and when we say it back to him he seems to try to correct us, knowing it is really "Grandma" so he wants us to still say it right even though he can't quite.

I LOVE BEING "OMA!"


1 comment:

Annie said...

Ahhhh, cute!
You are right, he corrects us, as though he is saying, "No, her name isn't Oma. It's Grandma" (but again it sounds like Oma!).
Love the picture :)