Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight - Guilty Pleasures




So I feel like a thirteen year old girl. My guilty pleasure: I must have been the oldest person at the Twilight movie today. And I have been obsessing over it all night, going to websites with clips and the songs from the soundtrack which is a topseller on Amazon. The songs are quite good and one is written by the male lead in the movie, Robert Pattinson who is also a musician. He wrote and sang the song "Never Think." He is also British which surprised me because his American accent is perfect. (Like Hugh Lauries' in House). I read all four books and wish I had not sold them all on Amazon now. I would love to read them again. The movie leaves out some things in the book like movies always do. But this reminds me of Harry Potter a bit, not in the content at all but because I had read those books too and knew what would happen and then had to wait for the movies to come out. I do say, for anyone who is a Twilight series fan that the cast was in my opnion cast very well. The part of Edward and Bella were very well cast. The author Stephanie Meyer does draw them quite distinctly in her books so it was important to cast them well. The story is about a very passionate love that seems doomed from the start. There are many obstacles but their love never wavers. Yes, it is about a human girl and a Vampire boy, both 17 years old. So you can see the built in obstacles right off. The movie was low budget and the special effects were too but they did well with what they had. I can't wait for the next one, for all three of the next ones. Robert Pattinson (who plays Edward) was on Ellen today and the guy seems totally unaware of how big he is or how big he will be. I think he will have a long movie career. If he wants it. If he doesn't go off the rails like so many young stars do.

No comments: