Monday, November 17, 2008

High Maintenance




I have an 11 year old miniature poodle, color white, named Nicole. I call her Nikki. If any of you know about poodles you will understand how their hair grows constantly and does not fall out, does not shed. This is why it is being recommeded to the Obamas as a non-allergenic dog. This is true and is why I got her originally eleven years ago. I have asthma and hayfever so I needed a hypoallergenic dog. Just like Malia Obama does. Nikki is sweet (my son Devon would disagree, since she is very territorial and has been known to snip if she feels threatened), soft, cuddly and VERY high maintenance. I just finished grooming her. Two hours! A good $50 saved but now my back hurts so much I am sidelined for the rest of the day. I had to sit down during the cut sometimes because of my back. It is a problem and has been for some time, getting worse as time goes along and I get older and older. Arthritis is not fun. I never thought I would be set back from doing the things I wanted because of disabling pain. Anyway, My little doggie looks much better. Not like a pro would make her look but much better. You see if you don't cut their hair it keeps on growing and since it doesn't shed it matts together and then you have a real mess. So now all I have to do is brush her every other day or so. Did I say she was high maintenance?

No comments: