Saturday, November 22, 2008

Obsession past on


Okay, so today I went to Walmart to buy Twilight for my granddaughter Katie who says she wants to read the book before she goes to the movie. No Twilight, all sold out. They had a couple of the following books, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, but no Twilight. But the third book, Eclipse was cheap so I bought it and will give it to Katie (age 15) for Christmas. I went to Borders to get Twilight and gave it to her, saying "Happy Thanksgiving." She was quietly delighted. She seems to be a very reasonable young girl. I gave it to her saying, "I just want you to know that 99.9% of boys are not like Edward. In fact 99% of boys and men are not like Edward. And if you throw in the vampire part then that makes it 100%." I just want her to know it is a very idealistic though passionate love story. No teenage boy and few men could live up to this guy. He is gorgeous, tender, considerate, caring, and is totally and unconditionaly in love with Bella. Oh, did I add passionate in there? Not to mention strong, fast and immortal. For anyone who likes a good love story get in on this one!

1 comment:

Annie said...

My sister read this book while she was here last week, and she couldn't put it down! She read the first one, and now she is reading the second one, but in the mean time my mom read the first one and is going to pass Molly on the second one.... so they are going to see the movie tonight, and I'm sure that they'll rave about it just like you did. Alright, alright, I'll jump on board!