Monday, April 18, 2011

O the Thrill of it all!

The thrill of fresh sheets and comforter cover, the amazing feel of a shower and clean dried hair!

Yes, my shower head was installed today and the electrical outlet was fixed.


Tonight I fixed Mexican rice. I had a Mexican boyfriend in the 70's that taught me to make some Mexican dishes like enchiladas, quesadillas. That was the good part of the relationship.

Mexican Rice

Sautee (lightly fry) rice, onion and garlic in a fry pan

Add water, chicken boullion cube (or powder)

a bit of serano pepper to taste

carrots, celery, mushrooms, tomato, cilantro, (and I added half a green pepper this time) all to taste
Or any veggies you like
A pinch or two of Basil and Oregano

Sorry, I don't really measure anything except there was about a cup of rice and two cups of water.
Let it simmer on low until the rice has absorbed all the water, about 20 minutes.

Serve with chicken or whatever you like. I had it tonight with steamed broccoli. There is a lot leftover. I needed guests to help eat it. I can heat and serve with chicken tomorrow.

No comments: