Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Moving, Moving, Moved!

I don't think I have ever heard anyone say, "I just love moving!"  But everyone can say, "I am so glad I am moved in!" 
First of all there is the hired pro movers. They give you an estimate a week ahead of time and then at 7pm the night before the move they send you an email with a slightly different (higher) estimate. Then the moving cost ends up being even higher. Ahh yes, they have us over a barrel when they call at the last minute and "adjust" the estimate.  I have to be out of the old Wednesday so I had no choice, really.

On a positive note the movers, Zach and Matt were young, good looking, efficient, careful and fun.  AND I am spending the night in my new apartment tonight. Actually, I can't wait to get in bed.

After the movers left I went back to the old place to get my coffee pot, toaster and some stuff out of the fridge so I can feel normal in the morning starting out my day. 

Other positive notes: 
  • There is a stream behind this building. With a nice bench to sit while the stream rolls by.
  • It is a half mile walk or drive to Juanita Beach.
  • I don't have to drive through Seattle or cross a bridge to see my grandchildren.
  • I like the carpet color much better here. 
  • My unit is close to the elevator, stairs and laundry room.
  • I am on the third floor so......
  • There is no big fat guy above me walking around making my ceiling creak all day and half the night. (Doesn't this guy EVER sit down?)
  • Comcast surprised me today after saying they couldn't make it today by showing up and hooking me up.
  •  AND the Comcast guy, Damin, was kind enough to move a box from my kitchen that said very clearly on the top:
BOOKS AND PIC ALBUMS

Damin said not to tell his boss. I am quite sure his boss does not read my blog.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Hi Donna! I hope you don't mind that I have been reading your blog for quite a while...I am Annie's friend Allison from Texas. We met at the wedding, and I thought that it was about time that I start commenting seeing that I read all of your posts!

I too have moved countless times, and I can completely relate to the feeling of when the move is over. Congrats on your new place, and I hope that the Comcast's guys boss doesn't read your blog!

Just Me said...

Allison, I sure do remember you and Annie talks about you so often (all good, of course).
Wow, if someone is actually reading my blogs maybe I will be inspired to blog more often. Or freaked out, I can't decide which. Anyway, I hope you guys have a great time in the sun! Be sure to take pics of Annie (you know how the photog usually isn't in the pics).