Thursday, April 21, 2011

Looking around...I LOVE KIRKLAND!

Yesterday I was out looking for the closest library.  It turned out to be in downtown Kirkland.. It is a beautiful library, with self check-out and self check-in. Very modern and it was so nice to see downtown Kirkland again. I lived in this area 30 years ago and more. The baseball field where Devon played as a boy.  The waterfront where they used to have fireworks on the 4th.  There are many shops I will have fun visiting.

Today I went out in search of a post office and found it was in a cute little pharmacy/gift shop store. And nearby I found the Safeway which has a gas station with gas as cheap as Costco or close to it.  Not all Safeways have one so I was delighted to find this one does.

I am liking my new town and my new apartment. More good things about my apartment:

  • The water pressure is much better.
  • I am very close to both the elevator, the stairs and the laundry room
  • The laundry room has THREE washers, one top loader and two front loaders and THREE dryers. I did three loads today.

Yes, I am in heaven. Still more unpacking to do but I am home.

No comments: