Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Resolutions: W M M

Writing, telling the whole world (or whoever reads this) my promise to myself, somehow makes it more real.  It becomes more of a committment.
So with a lot of "Hopey Changey" feelings going on, here goes:

W alk

M ake money

eet a man

Mostly in that order of importance.

  • Health is always first, which takes a very long time to fully realize. It usually takes almost all your life, like it did me. If you work out, even if you don't feel the health urgency, you are going to get the benefits. You are already ahead of those who don't work out. For me it will be walking and more walking.

  • Making even a bit more money will make my life much more enjoyable. It would be nice to be able to give gifts like I used to. Or get a haircut oftener. Or take my grandson to the movie.

  • Meeting a man to share my thoughts and feelings with would be great. I met someone who lives 300 miles away when I went to celebrate my Aunt's 90th birthday. Her son, my cousin, took me out to a couple of bars dancing. I thought maybe I would forget how but it came back just like riding a bike. And when I met a man who was very interesting and most of all, interested in me, I realized how good that felt and that maybe there is somebody out there for me too. Maybe even close enough that I don't have to drive 300 miles to find him.
Remember, they're just New Year's resolutions........

1 comment:

Annie said...

First, your blog looks great! Dev and I are impressed and we love the pic of you, Dev and Mark!
Second, your resolutions are fantastic, and we will cheer you on as you work to meet those goals. And, yes, finding a man who lives closer than 300 miles away would be better :)