Monday, November 18, 2013

California Girl

I am now a resident of sunny northern California since September 24th.  I absolutely love it here! I am near my grandchildren and every day is a sunny one. 
I live in senior housing and love the location and my apartment, which is roomier than my previous one. 

I feel like I am home and wonder why I didn't move here years ago. Oh, yeah, there are those grandkids I needed to be around. 
So Lucy still comes to visit on weekends when she can and Max won't come but he does love to see his grandma. The two littles and Joe who is a growing 15 year old are all happy and now have so much family around them.  There can never be too much love. 

I now live near my niece Valerie who also lives in the same community, Lake of the Pines, as does Devon and his family. She stops by once in a while and brings me things for my apartment or clothes she can't wear anymore and we visit. It is so nice to be here with all this family.

I already have my California driver's license and in February I will get a California license plate for my car. 

I have joined a group I found online called Auburn adventures and they do movies, hikes, go to fairs, so hopefully I will meet new friends and find new activities to enjoy. 

No comments: